Sunday, July 29, 2007

Love, Freely Given

The past week has been very hectic and busy as my goal of accomplishments completed. Many hours have been put in this week, preparing for a ninetieth year old birthday party for my patient that I do private duty nursing for.

Invitations sent out with RSVP response cards, brought back one hundred people attending. This was going to be quite the task, yet not unmanageable. The menu was chosen, BBQ, which was cooked by a local neighbor on a grill, which made it even more special, not to mention very good. With this, I prepared for 100 guest, baked beans, two different slaw's, BBQ and regular, potato salad, corn on the cob, whole wheat and regular rolls, tea, pop, coffee. The cake was a three tier, solid white with fresh flowers of blue Delphinia, white roses, and greenery. My theme colors were blue, and white, complete set tables, but done so with paper. I give credit to If It's Paper Inc. for supplying some of the prettiest paper products I have ever seen. This complete setup was casual, yet completely elegant.

The tables were covered with white linen table clothes, thus me adding blue place mats, white plates, blue napkins that had a sweet white flower design on them, blue forks and a blue dessert fork, placed above the plate. In the center of each table were flower vases filled with blue Delphinia, and baby breath, with two balloons tied to this, one blue, one white with different colors of streamers opposite the color of balloons.

For the entertainment, I had two speakers, one who was raised in the same church as my patient, and another one who had worked with her for many years. There were two singers, one singing gospel songs, the other singing modern day songs. Also one comedian, and the introduction of another, Ms Pansy Harper Sassafras, who was completely a southern belle, hat and all.

It was the perfect event, with the perfect ending. My patient was overwhelmingly surprised, honored, and appreciative. To her, I give my honor and all of my love. I certainly was blessed through love and action. Isn't that one of the reasons we are placed here on the earth for? To love, serve and give to another, especially one who can't give to themselves?

Have a great evening all...

passion

No comments: