Friday, June 22, 2007

A Step Ahead Of Vegetation

Good early morning to all,

My progress in the garden is really quite impressive. I only gathered a pale of a bucket this morning. Yes, That's southern talk. A pale is a little over a fourth of a five gallon bucket, so it would be safe to actually call what I gathered one third of a five gallon bucket. Whatever, right? It is just a lot easier to say, Yes Sir, I gathered a pale of squash! Yesterday I canned 7 pints and 7 quarts of squash and zucchini.

Now, if your wondering what I could possibly be going to do with this, just ask me. We do have to have meals on the front porch when someone makes it down the pathway to Julep, right?

I'm not sure how I missed the other row of corn in the early mornings of the beginning of the week, but I made a mistake while writing my quantities of rows of corn. I wasn't there when it was planted is the only reasonable excuse I have or that I have been so busy and in a hurry to get things done, I hadn't taken the time to really walk through the complete garden, but certainly have now! Sheesh, right. We have three rows instead of two.

Will someone please give me permission to be tired yet?

My dear friend who I work for, went through her surgery well yesterday. She is holding her own but will have to come home with IVs in which is no biggy. It just means that I will be hare longer on midnight and through the day. I'm not complaining because no one else would do things the way I would want them done, plus I'm looking at having to probably purchase another vehicle, not to mention perhaps a computer.

I went last evening before returning back here to work and checked on Lady In Waiting. That's what I call my computer... A Marine who worked for the government within the computer systems, Yes, step outside the box please, is the one working on LIW. So far the loaded files that were missing have been loaded back, however I had to take the recovery disk and see if this would actually run through the PC, as so far this isn't a recovery problem it seems to be fatal. :-( I will find out this morning when I leave work. Yeah, I'm getting off this morning, coming back tonight instead.

My son, Will, will be playing in the twelve year old All- Stars tomorrow at noon. His usual position is catcher or pitcher. However, he also has been playing first base and third. It will be interesting to see how this goes. We will play in Statesville, then Charlotte, and if we go to the state playoffs, it is said to be in West Virginia, imagine this!

As always, it is my honor,

passion

No comments: