Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Life Isn't Always Fun

Good morning to all,

I have been out of commission the last 10 days and not sure when I will return on a full time basis. What a crazy 10 days this has been. Firstly, my cell phone breaks, that holds all of my friends telephone numbers, then my computer has been sent to the hospital. On top of all of this, my patients daughter has been in the hospital and remains there, thus me working 17 hours a day, everyday. To add the icing to the cake, my daughter moved back in with me for a while, needing some space. However, I imagine all is well with everyone, my friends and such that I haven't spoken to in many days. I guess everyone is busy, or maybe they really haven't missed me at all. If the past weeks are any indication... I can see why. I don't do drama well at all either. :-(


Did I tell you all that my car broke down one and a half weeks ago and I finally got it out of the shop, but not before I paid 700.00. The right tire elbow broke completely into and had I not just stopped and pulled out from a side road, I would have been going 55 mph, so God is good. Sometimes when it rains it pours. I'm not sure what the lessons are from all of these hardships that I have occurred the last couple of weeks? Perhaps, that it is I, who I must always depend on and that I must always be ready to get over myself. I do know with all my heart, that the one person it seems that would have missed me horribly would be my precious little 89 year old patient who I love and adore with all my heart.

Old habits die hard, and newer ones hurt just as much. I have missed a few selective people recently who had become a habit to me here. The habit was a complete enjoyment and pleasure, perhaps even fulfilling. OK, so my feelings have been hurt, and I feel like maybe I have felt in my heart and soul far more than perhaps I should. But I'm a dissector of every thing. A full blooded Scorpio... I will get over it... :-)

On a lighter note, this week I canned my first batch of veggies from my garden here at work. I gathered squash at 6 am one morning and had 4 pints and 1 quart. Smiling, why this combo? Because Frances my patient loves stewed squash and this will be sufficient enough in quantity for her and the quart is for casseroles. That was yellow squash of course. Also gathered was zucchini, where I shredded 10 pints, and sliced 6 quarts for breads and stir fries for the winter. This was frozen. I was so excited to see my work sitting on the counter all in jars, sealed and ready to be stored. This clearly is work that becomes beneficial in the later months.

Walking in the evenings, I have spotted fire flies. Oh, you know it is truly summer time when they arrive. I will write on that a bit later. As for now, I'm headed to rest. It has taken me a while to figure out or remember how to go into my account here on another persons computer, but thankfully now I can write and get my mind off of other things, or is that get my mind back on things?

God Bless all! I love ya ~ :-)

Be back as soon as I can.

passion ~

No comments: