Saturday, April 7, 2007

Reflection Of The Soul


Welcome! Come on in. We'd certainly be sitting on the front porch had mother nature not decided that we needed a tad bit more cool weather here in North Carolina. Such as it is, we will just gather in the den, where the fire is already roaring and the coffee brewed. Please do make yourself at home and enjoy. We shall be talking about what tomorrow, Easter actually means.


As far back as I can remember, my mother always took all four of her children shopping for new clothes to attend church on Easter Sunday. The frilly dresses, white gloves, lacey socks and patten leather shoes were bought for my sister and I. My brothers always received a new tie, slacks, dress shirt and blazer if needed and shoes. It was common knowledge that Mother did this, installing this practice within each one of us.

Today, I took my son, all of twelve years of age shopping. Yes, of course for new clothes to wear to church tomorrow. It is Easter after all. During our drive to the mall, I informed my son that we needed to get him a shirt and tie to go with his slacks and blazer he already had. We got into a lengthy conversation about how we are to give God our very best and that meant wear our very best. This was respecting God in His house.

My son turned toward me and said " Jesus doesn't care what I wear to church mom, it's not about that." When we left the mall on our way back home he had purchased tennis shoes Etnies, a video game, and four polo shirts, one of which he will wear tomorrow to church with no tie. My mother called me tonight to ask if everyone was ready for Easter and I answered Yes Ma'am, we are.

Happy Easter to all. May you feel the spirit of our Lord, Jesus Christ and know that all who believe shall receive.

Passion ~

No comments: